MENU Office of International Services

Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates for the UIC International Community

This page consolidates information regarding coronavirus/COVID-19 for the UIC international community as it relates to immigration status, travel guidance, support resources, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and more. 

For the latest news and information regarding the UIC response to COVID-19, please visit or the Circle Back to Campus Plan which outlines details for the fall 2021 semester at UIC.

Updated: June 24, 2021


Recent OIS Communications Related to COVID-19

May 5 - Presidential Proclamation Suspends Travel to the U.S. for Certain Travelers Present in India Effective May 4, 2021 

April 27 - SEVP Extends Temporary COVID-19 Guidance through 2021-22 Academic Year 

January 15 - COVID-19 Documentation Required for Travel to U.S. Starting Jan. 26 


General Information

Is the Office of International Services open during the COVID-19 pandemic? 
OIS continues to provide advising, services, and programs online. However, our physical office remains closed to visitors until further notice. Members of the UIC international community and our colleagues across campus can connect with us at (312) 996-3121 or Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. to request assistance or schedule a phone or video advising appointment. Many immigration requests for international students, scholars and department administrators can now be submitted online via myOIS and advisors can help you arrange for shipment of your immigration document once it has been issued.

I need to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN) but the Social Security Administration (SSA) is currently closed. What should I do? 
While the SSA can handle some requests remotely, brand new SSN applications must be requested in-person in their offices. SSA has advised that new applicants should call their nearest SSA office for guidance on in-person appointments. If you are an international student beginning work at UIC and do not already have an SSN you can use your Temporary Control Number (TCN) in lieu of the SSN to begin employment. Once you are able to secure an appointment with the SSA, you will need to work with your employer/HR to have your TCN switched to an SSN. Prepare for your SSN application appointment by submitting an F-1 or J-1 Social Security Support Letter E-form via myOIS. Lastly, please be patient when working with the SSA. You can expect a slower than normal response time from their office as they work through a backlog of requests under the challenging circumstances presented by the pandemic. Multiple calls or emails to their office are strongly discouraged. 


Visas & International Travel

Is it ok for current international students, scholars, and employees to travel outside the U.S.?
If at all possible, OIS recommends that current international students, scholars, and employees do not travel outside the U.S., especially to locations included in the geographic COVID-19 presidential proclamations. The pandemic continues to evolve, and it is not possible to predict if and when new travel restrictions could be enacted that may impact your ability to return to campus. If travel is unavoidable, please review your immigration documents for necessary updates well before departure. If you must apply for a new visa while abroad, please connect with a OIS Advisor for guidance.

What does OIS know about U.S. Embassy and Consulate operations abroad? 
Operations at U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad have been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. While some locations have resumed normal operations, others remain closed or are offering limited services. All locations are experiencing a visa appointment and processing backlog. The U.S. Department of State maintains a list of country-specific information on COVID-19 which includes links to nonimmigrant and immigrant visa information. While OIS cannot directly impact U.S. Embassy or Consulate operations, please notify our office at if you are having issues related to visa appointments or processing so that we are aware and can assess our ability to support you. 

What does OIS know about travel restrictions on international arrivals to the U.S.? 
There are currently four presidential proclamations in effect that impact the arrival of noncitizens to the U.S. Taken together, these proclamations suspend entry into the U.S. of all noncitizens who were physically present in China, Iran, the Schengen Area, United Kingdom, Ireland, Brazil, South Africa or India during the 14-day period preceding arrival to the U.S. There are certain exceptions to the proclamations and additional exceptions for travelers whose arrival DOS deems is in the national interest. For a summary of the presidential proclamations, standard exceptions, and National Interest Exceptions, please visit the DOS website.

Are National Interest Exceptions available to international students? When can I enter the U.S.?
Yes, an international student hoping to enter the U.S. in F-1 or J-1 status and subject to a geographic COVID-19 presidential proclamation is eligible for a national interest exception (NIE). However, your route to obtaining the NIE will differ depending on your status as an initial or continuing student and your intended date of arrival. Also, it is important to note that the DOS announcement lacks detail with regards to approved U.S. entry dates and reports of how the exception is being interpreted by DOS officials around the world vary. DOS has been asked to provide more clarity, but until they do, we can only share our best recommendations based on what we know. In all cases, we encourage you to contact your local U.S. embassy or airline for guidance specific to your situation and location.

Students holding an initial I-20 or DS-2019 noting a program start date before August 1, 2021 will need to submit additional documentation to apply for the NIE. Please contact for more information and connect with your local U.S. consulate. Please know that reports of approvals for NIEs for initial status students beginning programs before August 1 have been limited.

Students holding an initial I-20 or DS-2019 noting a program start date on or after August 1, 2021 should be automatically considered for the NIE at the time of visa application or at the U.S. Port of Entry (POE) if the visa was obtained prior to the NIE announcement. While the NIE announcement suggests that students subject to the proclamations with an initial I-20 or DS-2019 may enter the U.S. up to 30 days prior to the program start date (as is normally allowed by regulation), OIS has received reports from some students that consulates are advising travel after August 1 only. We encourage you to contact your local consulate and/or airline for confirmation, and if possible, consider delaying entry until after August 1 as it appears travel after this date is more clearly allowed.

Continuing international students currently in active F-1 or J-1 status and holding a valid visa should be automatically considered for the NIE at the U.S. Port of Entry. This includes F-1 and J-1 students returning to resume studies in an active program at UIC, F-2 dependents of active F-1 students, and F-1 students on approved OPT. While the NIE announcement suggests that, to qualify for the automatic NIE, continuing international students must be returning to resume studies on or after August 1, we have received contradictory reports from the field. Some continuing international students have been told by their local consulates that they would be automatically considered for the NIE if returning to the U.S. after July 1. We encourage you to contact your local consulate and/or airline for confirmation, and if possible, consider delaying reentry until after August 1 as it appears travel after this date is more clearly allowed.

Please note that students in active F-1 status that are transferring their SEVIS record to UIC and currently outside the U.S. are still subject to the August 1 rule. Additionally, students returning to UIC on an initial I-20 after an extended break in studies or a violation of status are subject to the August 1 rule as well.

And lastly, it is important to remember that in all cases, according to standard F-1 and J-1 regulations, the earliest an international student may enter the U.S. on an initial I-20 or DS-2019 is 30 days prior to the program start date listed on the document.

If you are a new or continuing international student and have questions about your status, arrival plan, or NIEs, feel free to contact OIS. New students can email us at and continuing students can email  

Are National Interest Exceptions available for J-1 Exchange Visitors?
Yes, an individual hoping to obtain a J-1 Exchange Visitor visa to enter the U.S. and subject to a geographic COVID-19 presidential proclamation is likely eligible for a national interest exception (NIE). Please contact your UIC academic department and OIS at for guidance.

Are National Interest Exceptions available for international employees?
Possibly. An International employee hoping to obtain an employment-based visa to enter the U.S. and subject to a geographic COVID-19 presidential proclamation may be eligible for a national interest exception (NIE) if the purpose of their travel provides vital support for critical infrastructure sectors or is directly linked to supply chains. Vital support includes activities such as installation, procurement, maintenance, and essential security training that are necessary to maintain supply and production chains in the 16 critical infrastructure sectors listed here. Please contact your hiring department and OIS at for guidance.


Arrival, Self-Quarantine & COVID-19 Vaccines

Do I need to show COVID-19 documentation when entering the U.S.?
Yes, all air travelers must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within the previous 3 days in order to enter the U.S. Please see the CDC website for more information.

Will I need to self-quarantine upon arrival to campus?
In most cases, yes. Individuals arriving to campus from outside the U.S. or from states that are on the City of Chicago Travel Order must quarantine for a minimum of ten days upon arrival. Visit UIC Today for the latest communications regarding campus self-quarantine requirements.

Where should I complete my period of self-quarantine?
Students with signed contracts to live in UIC Housing may choose to complete their period of self-quarantine in one of the designated UIC residence halls. Please contact UIC Housing as early as possible to notify them of your arrival date and arrange your self-quarantine accommodation.

International students, scholars, and employees staying in private accommodations should first connect with their landlord or building management company to confirm that their accommodation will be ready and available for self-quarantine on their date of arrival. If it is not possible to move directly into your private accommodation and safely complete your self-quarantine there, you will need to arrange for temporary accommodation. Options near campus include the Holiday Inn, Marriott, Letterman, and Crowne Plaza (closed until June 5) among others. Individuals are responsible for making their own reservation and paying for their stay (please mention you are affiliated with UIC to see if the UIC rate is available to you). This information is accurate as of the posting of these FAQs and subject to change.

What are my options to obtain food and other essentials during self-quarantine?
Incoming UIC residence hall students completing their self-quarantine in SSR can participate in the Boxed Meal Program at an additional charge. Additionally, students in SSR have the option to arrange for grocery and essentials delivery via Instacart. Students self-quarantining off-campus can also utilize Instacart along with other common delivery services such as MercatoJewel and Whole Foods.

What should I do if I develop COVID-19 symptoms during my self-quarantine period?
Visit the CDC website for a review of common COVID-19 symptoms. If you develop any of these symptoms during your self-quarantine period and are a UIC student, contact Student Health Services to speak to a medical professional. Students in Chicago can call (312) 996-2901, in Rockford call (815) 395-5870 and in Peoria call (309) 672-4977. Scholars should contact their personal medical provider (i.e. your doctor) or University Health Services at (312) 996-7420. Your doctor can give you guidance on treatment and testing options. Continue to isolate yourself until you doctor says it is safe to be around others. If you do not have an established doctor in the U.S., you can search your insurance company’s website for a physician or urgent care facility that is in the Chicago area.

What should I do at the end of my self-quarantine period?
If you have not developed any COVID-19 symptoms after 7 days of self-quarantine, you may take a UIC COVID-19 Saliva-Based Test offered to UIC students free of charge at multiple campus locations. If the result (generally available in two days) is negative, you may end your self-quarantine period on day 10 and continue to monitor symptoms until day 14. If it is absolutely not possible to obtain a COVID-19 test, you may still end your self-quarantine on day 14 if you remain asymptomatic. For incoming UIC residence hall students, a negative COVID-19 test is required before you can move into your assigned accommodation for the spring semester. More details on that process can be found here.

Can COVID-19 requirements be waived if I am fully vaccinated or provide a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival?
At this point, fully vaccinated individuals or those with a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival are still required to participate in self-quarantine, saliva testing, masking, and social distancing requirements currently in place on campus. UIC administration continues to evaluate safety protocols as the pandemic evolves and will share changes via the Circle Back to Campus communications as they become available. You are encouraged to bring evidence of your COVID-19 vaccine with you to the U.S.

Will UIC recognize COVID-19 vaccines being administered outside the U.S.?
UIC plans to recognize all COVID-19 vaccines and not just the Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson versions being administered in the U.S. Again, it is advised that you bring evidence of your COVID-19 vaccine with you to the U.S.

If I have not yet received a COVID-19 vaccine, can I get one when I arrive to campus?
Yes, COVID-19 vaccines are currently available to all members for the UIC community aged 12 and up and are free of charge. For more information on how to obtain your COVID-19 vaccine, please visit the UI Health website


Academic and Status Considerations for International Students

What is UIC’s academic model for the summer and fall academic terms?
UIC has adopted a hybrid academic model for the summer and fall academic terms which means that classes will be offered in in-person, blended (in-person and online components), and online formats. A greater proportion of classes will be offered in-person than during the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters. Students are encouraged to connect with their academic departments to better understand the mode of delivery for specific classes within their school or college. International students in F-1 or J-1 status can connect with the Office of International Services with questions about class registration requirements as it relates to their immigration status.

International students who need to document UIC’s hybrid academic model for the purposes of a visa interview may contact an OIS Advisor at for a confirmation letter.

If I am unable to return or arrive to campus for the start of the academic term, can I take all of my classes online?
Since most classes will be returning to an in-person format, students are strongly encouraged to return to campus if at all possible. If you need to take all online classes due to travel delays or health considerations, please connect with your academic department as soon as possible to confirm that adequate and appropriate online classes will be available to you. Questions about your immigration status should be directed to OIS.

When is the latest I can arrive to campus?
Ideally, new and continuing international students will arrive by the start of the academic term which is also the program start date of a new initial I-20 or DS-2019. For the fall 2021 semester this date is Aug. 23. With academic department approval and OIS notification, students may arrive up to the add/drop deadline, which for fall 2021 is Sept. 3. In rare circumstances, students may be approved to arrive after the add/drop deadline, but this can only be done in close consultation with OIS. New international students arriving on an initial I-20 or DS-2019 must arrive and be registered in SEVIS no more than 30 days beyond their program start date.

I am an admitted international student and I do not think I will be able to arrive to campus by the start of my academic term. What should I do?
If you are interested in starting your program online from abroad, connect with your academic department to see if adequate and appropriate online classes will be available to you. If you do decide to start your program online from abroad, connect with OIS at to update your I-20 or DS-2019 accordingly.

If you decide to delay the start of your academic program, you must request an academic deferral from your department or UIC Admission. Once the academic deferral is approved, OIS will be automatically notified and will reach out to you in order to update your I-20 or DS-2019 accordingly. Decisions about academic deferral, including how many deferrals a student may receive, are up to the academic department. OIS does not approve academic deferrals.

If I am on-campus, what kinds of classes do I need to take in order to maintain my status?
The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) has extended the temporary COVID-19 guidelines through the 2021-22 academic year. This means that F-1 students may engage in online learning in excess of the normal regulatory requirements due to the public health concerns presented by the pandemic. All F-1 and J-1 students physically present in the U.S. must enroll for and maintain a full-time course load. Continuing F-1 students, if needed, may enroll entirely online but classes should count toward completion of a degree. F-1 students that have arrived on an initial I-20 must enroll for at minimum one in-person or blended class. Students are encouraged to work closely with their department to fully understand the mode of instruction prior to registering for a class.

What are my enrollment requirements as a continuing F-1 international student outside the U.S? 
Per the SEVP temporary COVID-19 guidelines, international students that were in valid F-1 status on March 9, 2020 may continue to enroll in all online classes from abroad and maintain valid status. Students in this situation must enroll full-time and should work closely with their department to ensure that a adequate and appropriate online classes are available during the fall semester as more classes will be returning to in-person or blended instruction.

What is the five-month temporary absence provision, and does it apply under the modified guidance during COVID-19? 
Under normal circumstances, OIS must close the F-1 record of an international student who remains outside the U.S. for a period of five months or more. The international student would then need to obtain a new I-20 and F-1 visa in order to reenter the U.S. to resume in-person study. Additionally, that student would need to be in F-1 status for a period of one academic year after reentry in order to be eligible for certain benefits such as CPT or OPT.  

Under the modified guidance, OIS can maintain the F-1 record active of an international student who continues to enroll full-time online from abroad. The international student is deemed to be making normal progress in their course of study and the five-month temporary absence provision does not apply. 

I have been outside the U.S. but will transfer my SEVIS record to UIC from another academic institution in the U.S. Does the five-month rule apply? 
No, the five-month rule related to student transfers will not apply to students affected by COVID-19. Please contact OIS as soon as possible if you will be transferring your SEVIS record to UIC and believe that you have been outside the U.S. for five months or more so that we may handle your record appropriately. 

If I start my program online from abroad, how does that affect my eligibility for F-1 benefits? 
F-1 status begins after a student has entered the U.S. with an F-1 visa and the SEVIS record is made active for full-time study. Some F-1 benefits, including curricular practical training (CPT) and optional practical training (OPT), require that a student be in F-1 status for a period of time before they become eligible to apply for the benefit. International students who begin their programs online from abroad will not be in F-1 status during that time, and therefore, will not be accruing time toward eligibility for benefits. While there are other factors that go into eligibility for CPT and OPT, generally speaking, international students at UIC need to be in F-1 status for one academic year before they can apply and participate in practical training.

I plan to study online from abroad, can I waive the fee for the CampusCare Student Health Benefit Program? 
International students who are residing outside of the U.S. while taking courses at the UIC should submit a waiver with their current insurance information at this link: For help completing the waiver please go to If you are unable to complete the waiver form due lack of insurance information or any other reason, please contact the department of CampusCare at in order for us to assist you. 

Can OIS send me an electronic copy of my I-20? 
SEVP has temporarily allowed schools to email an electronic I-20 directly to the student’s email address listed in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Therefore, OIS will offer F-1 students the option of receiving their I-20s electronically for certain requests. Please see our May 8 announcement for details. Electronic I-20s will remain valid until students have a need for an updated I-20. Digital travel signatures on an electronic I-20 will remain valid for the same duration as a wet ink signature. 


Employment Considerations for International Students

Can I accept an assistantship or tuition waiver? 
Yes, under most circumstances, new and continuing F-1 international students physically in the U.S. or studying online from abroad are allowed to accept assistantship positions provided they are able to perform the relevant duties. Students residing in countries under U.S. export control restrictions (Cuba, Crimean Region of Ukraine, Iran, North Korea, Syria and Venezuela) should confirm their eligibility to accept assistantships and tuition waivers from abroad with OIS.

Can I accept an hourly on-campus job if I am not physically present in the U.S.?
At this point, F-1 and J-1 international students hired for hourly positions for the first time at UIC must be physically present on-campus in order to complete necessary HR paperwork.

If I am in the U.S., can I work my on-campus job remotely?
Yes, the SEVP temporary COVID-19 guidelines do allow for remote on-campus work provided you are able to perform the relevant duties.

How many hours per week can I work? Have there been any changes to the number of hours per week an international student can work as a result of COVID-19? 
No, there have not been any changes to the number of hours per week and international student can work as a result of COVID-19. 

I would like to participate in an academically required internship or other educational experience with an off-campus host. Can I get curricular practical training (CPT) authorization for an internship or educational experience that will be completed remotely? 
Yes, SEVP has confirmed that CPT authorizations may be given for internships or other off-campus educational experiences that will be completed remotely provided that the employer can assess student engagement and attainment of learning objectives electronically. This is true whether you are residing within the U.S. or abroad. All other CPT eligibility, application and reporting requirements still apply. You can learn more about CPT on the OIS website

Does time spent outside the U.S. during the COVID-19 emergency count toward the one-year requirement for CPT and OPT? 
Per SEVP, and F-1 student accrues eligibility for practical training whether they are inside or outside the U.S. during the COVID-19 emergency if the student is in Active status in SEVIS and meets requirements for their school’s procedural change plans submitted to SEVP.   

Can I apply for optional practical training (OPT) from outside the U.S.? 
OIS and many academic institutions have reached out to SEVP with this question. SEVP has responded to say that they are evaluating the issue and may issue additional guidance but until then they recommend reaching out to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as they are the agency that adjudicates OPT requests. Since USCIS has not yet spoken on this topic, it is the understanding of OIS that students should continue to follow currently published instructions on Form I-765 which requires a student to be physically present in the U.S. at the time of OPT application. 

I am currently employed on OPT but my hours have been reduced and I am no longer working 20 hours per week. Am I now considered to be unemployed? 
No, SEVP has confirmed that for the duration of the COVID-19 emergency, students who are working in their OPT opportunities for fewer than 20 hours per week are still considered as engaged in OPT. 

I am currently on OPT or STEM OPT and have been shifted to telecommuting (work from home). Do I need to submit an OPT Update Form or update my Form I-983? 
No, SEVP has confirmed that students should not update their employer address in SEVIS or on their Form I-983 to reflect their temporary work from home address as a result of COVID-19. 

Have the limits on OPT or STEM OPT unemployment days changed due to COVID-19? 
At this point no, there have been no changes the allowed number of unemployment days during OPT or STEM OPT. SEVP is currently evaluating this issue and may provide additional guidance. 

I am in a period of authorized OPT or STEM OPT and have been laid off by my employer due to the COVID-19 crisis. Am I eligible to apply for unemployment? 
As unemployment rules vary by state you should contact your local or state unemployment agency for more information. 


Information for J-1 Exchange Visitor Scholars

Are there any on-campus housing options available to scholars arriving from international travel? 
While OIS cannot make housing arrangements for you, you are welcome to reach out to UIC Housing to determine what guest/temporary accommodations are available on campus and also to see what off-campus resources are available. Availability is subject to change, based on current university operations. Please also reference the OIS website for temporary housing resources and more long term housing resources

Am I eligible to get a COVID-19 Vaccine or COVID-19 saliva test on campus? 
COVID-19 vaccinations and saliva tests are available to UIC students and employees free of charge by appointment only. Additional information regarding vaccination may be found on UIC Today. Information regarding mandatory COVID-19 saliva testing for individuals who will be physically on campus may be found here

If you have a Visitor Card (are an unpaid researcher, non-employee), please contact your UIC department administrator to confirm your eligibility for on-campus vaccination or testing. 

I am not able to get a visa interview due to COVID-19 embassy closures and I won’t be able to arrive to UIC before my program start date, is it possible to change my program dates? 
OIS continues to monitor delays in visa appointment scheduling and visa stamp issuance at embassies and posts abroad. If you are not able to arrive to the U.S. and begin your program prior to your program start date, please inform OIS ( and your UIC department administrator immediately, so we may coordinate any necessary program start date deferrals. If OIS defers (delays) your program start date, we will communicate with you on how to receive your updated DS-2019 form. 

Can I begin my program working remotely? How can a J-1 Exchange Visitor Scholar report an additional site of activity? 
J-1 Exchange Visitors starting a new program at UIC should keep in mind that in-person program activity is in the spirit of the J-1 EV program. Aside from the University-mandated self-quarantine period, EV scholars should be prepared to participate in their programs in-person, on campus, while following all university and local health department protocols. If you will be working remotely during your program, even for one day, you must notify, so we may update your immigration record, accordingly. 

 How can I receive updated immigration documents if the OIS office is physically closed? 
Once you submit your document request to our office, we will review the request and when processed, make arrangements for delivery by mail. Details on the mode of mail delivery will be communicated to you on a case-by-case basis. Please plan ahead and allow for ample time (2-3 weeks) to receive your document. 


Information for International Employees and UIC Department Administrators

How can departments obtain approval notices while OIS’ physical office is closed to visitors?
When an approval notice is received at the office, an OIS advisor will email a copy of the notice to the sponsoring department and the individual. If the original notice is requested by the individual, OIS can mail it via UPS to the individual’s home address.

Can international employees telecommute (work from home)? 
In most cases, yes, international employees can telecommute but we ask that departments provide OIS with the home address that will be used for work prior to the start. For H-1B and E-3 employees, it is critical that departments provide OIS with the home address being used for work prior to the start of telecommuting because a new DOL Labor Condition Application (LCA) may be required. Please contact OIS for guidance. No USCIS nor DOL action is required for TN and O-1 employees, however, this could change if telecommuting becomes a long-term need. Stay tuned. Individuals working at UIC on an OPT or STEM OPT authorization hosted by another school should reach out to that school for guidance on how to report changes in work location. 

Can an employer stop paying or “bench” an international employee due to a reduction in services needed? 
No, employers must continue to pay H-1B and E-3 employees their salary or wage as listed on the Labor Condition Application (LCA) even if the employee is in “non-productive status”, and employers must continue to pay TN and O-1 employees pursuant to the conditions of the petition previously approved by the Department of Homeland Security. 

What should the department do if an international employee wants to take an extended HR-approved unpaid leave in response to coronavirus/COVID-19? 
Please reach out to OIS for guidance. We will provide details on how to best manage the immigration record depending on length of the leave and whether or not the individual will remain in the U.S. or travel abroad. Contact OIS at (312) 996-3121 or

What should the department do if an international employee needs to make a material change to their position as a result of coronavirus/COVID-19? 
Material changes to H-1B, E-3, O-1 and TN positions include full-time to part-time status, changes in title, and other material changes. These types of changes require OIS to file an amendment with USCIS. Additional monitoring of hours may be required. Please consult with an OIS Advisor to determine if a change to a position requires an amendment to be filed with the USCIS. 

What should a department do if an international resigns of their own accord as result of coronavirus/COVID-19? 
Please submit a Departure Verification Form (DVF) to OIS.

How should departments advise international employees who are considering a trip abroad? 
First and foremost, international employees can always consult with OIS advisors regarding their decision to travel internationally during the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. International travel remains challenging and uncertain, although we understand that the decision to travel at this point is extremely personal. Those considering international travel with the intention of returning to the U.S. should check their documents before departure and plan for any necessary updates. Visa services at U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad have been significantly impacted and, in many cases, suspended due to coronavirus/COVID-19. The U.S. Department of State has a list COVID-19 specific country information. Travel restrictions continue to be announced limiting entry to countries across the globe. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) maintains a list of current restrictions on travel to the U.S. Those who are successful in returning to the U.S. may be subject to self-isolation/quarantine before returning to campus. Please follow campus guidance as posted on