In celebration of International Education Week, November 12-16, 2012, the Office of International Services is sponsoring a photo contest open to the entire UIC campus community. Beginning in 2000, International Education Week has been celebrated in over 100 countries and all 50 states. The U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education initiated the week-long celebration to promote global understanding and exchange between the United States and other countries.
Help us commemorate this exciting week by submitting a photo with your interpretation of the theme:
Igniting Global Communication
Photos must be submitted to OIS no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 9th for the possibility to win one of these prizes.
1st Prize: 2GB iPod Shuffle and $25 iTunes Gift Card
2nd Prize: UIC Throw Blanket
3rd Prize: $25.00 Gift Card to the UIC Bookstore
- Contest is open to the entire UIC campus community.
- One photograph per entrant.
- Entries must be received at OIS by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 9th. No late entries will be accepted.
- Photographs submitted through the online entry form must be in JPG, PNG, TIFF, PDF, or Photoshop format and no larger than 2.5MB. Please send a high resolution scan (at least 300 dpi and 5x7 inches). If you wish to submit files larger than 2.5 MB, please burn them to a CD and bring them to the OIS office. There will be paper entries at the OIS front desk.
- Color and black and white photographs will be accepted.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a signed photo release. Submissions with an incomplete or missing entry form will be disqualified from the contest.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, November 12th at the Second Annual International Expo, held in the Illinois Room (C) in Student Center East from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Click the button below to enter
(you need a valid NetID to enter online)